WHO WE ARE
The Marriage Institute of Winchester is a non-denominational biblically based, community centered organization committed to strengthening traditional marriage throughout its many phases. The Marriage Institute of Winchester is part of the Eukarya Family Center.
To strengthen traditional marriage and to reduce divorce and cohabitation in the Northern Shenandoah Valley.
Support and strengthen local churches.
Offer programs, resources and events to strengthen traditional marriages.
Strengthen traditional marriages in and through their different stages and phases.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The statement of faith adopted by the Eukarya Family Center is limited to those primary Christian doctrines central to all Christian denominations, and which sets Christianity apart from other faiths. Portions of the following statement of faith are borrowed with permission from the National Christian Foundation for Education and the Arts By-Laws.
- We believe that the God of the Bible is the source of all truth. Thus, all genuine intellectual pursuits lead logically to God. This one God reveals Himself as three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and is self-existent, eternal, unchanging, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, holy, righteous, and loving (2 Cor. 13:14; Col. 1:15-20).
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible. That is, it is the infallible Word of God, written by men ‘inspired’ by the Holy Spirit. As such, it, and not man, is the standard of truth (Jeremiah 9:23-24; Colossians 2:8; 2 Tim. 3:16-17). It is the ultimate source of knowledge about God and the only definitive guide for our daily lives.
- We believe the primary goal of life and education to be the glory of God which comes about by living a life that uses all our talents while pointing to Jesus Christ.
- We believe the gospel that, a) The only Son of God (Jesus) came in the flesh to take the sins of the world, was crucified, died, was buried and on the third day was raised from the dead (Romans 5:8; 1 Cor. 15:1-3), and that b) All who believe on His name are forgiven and granted eternal life (John 1:11-13, 5:24; Romans 4:5; Titus 3:5).
- We believe that every believer in Christ is inhabited by the Holy Spirit, and called through Him to “do greater works than (Jesus) did” (John 14:12). We believe that Christians need to learn to walk in the Spirit so they reflect the fruit thereof (Gal. 5:22-23).
- We agree with the Nicene Creed and the historic tenets ‘by Scripture alone’, ‘by the cross alone’, ‘by grace alone’, ‘by faith alone’, ‘Christ alone’, and ‘glory to God alone’.
- We seek to promote unity and charity among those who affirm these truths but have differing convictions within some areas of Christian life. We teach and apply dogmatically and unapologetically these truths, but acknowledge that sincere Christians hold differing views on certain non-essential issues.
Premarital – coming soon
Good to Great
Reconciliation – coming soon
Blended & Step Families – coming soon